About Mobile CRM Software
Mobile CRM software is a powerful, full-featured software solution that allows field workers to access and interact with customer data while theyâ€™re on the road. Using cell phones, tablets and other handheld devices, users can retrieve and update customer-related information from back-end systems, manage opportunities and jobs, process orders, check inventory levels, and more.
Key Benefits of Mobile CRM Software for Your Company
There are numerous benefits that can be achieved through the implementation and use of mobile CRM software. Among the greatest advantages are:
- Increased efficiency and productivity of field staff.
- Improved face-to-face interactions between clients and employees.
- Enhanced information flow and sharing throughout the entire organization, even among workers who are on the road.
- Increased accuracy and timeliness of information through the ability of all field workers to make instant updates to data at any time.
- Reduced sales and service costs through remote automation and the facilitation of faster, more informed decision making.
Does My Company Need Mobile CRM Software?
For todayâ€™s field-based employees, the simple calendaring and contact management capabilities that come standard with many mobile devices are not enough to keep them fully informed and productive. In order to maximize the effectiveness of each customer interaction, these workers need continuous access to pertinent client data that exists in enterprise systems, even when theyâ€™re out of the office.
Mobile CRM software allows sales reps to check stock levels of certain products while in a sales meeting with a client to ensure that there is enough inventory to meet the clientâ€™s needs. Mobile CRM software improves customer acquisition, satisfaction, and retention by enabling those employees who work directly with clients to make the most intelligent and informed decisions possible when it comes to sales and service.
Key Features of Mobile CRM Software
Mobile CRM software provides field workers with a variety of robust features and capabilities that allow them to directly retrieve, review, and manage customer activity information via their handheld devices. Key functionality includes:
- Direct access to information from any handheld device, including cell phones, PDAs, and wireless-enabled laptops.
- The ability to combine data from CRM systems with other databases that house customer information, such as accounting and help desk applications.
- End-to-end management of all clients, prospects, and related opportunities.
- “On the fly” activity logging, so the outcomes of remote meetings or service calls can be gathered and immediately shared with other stakeholders in the company, or stored for future reference.
- Calendar, schedule, and activity management.
- Automated order processing.
- Job ticket status tracking and updating.
- Two-way data synchronization, so users can work offline when a wireless connection is unavailable then update information bi-directionally as needed once a connection has been re-established.
What to Look for in Mobile CRM Software
Making data easily retrievable via a handheld device can be tricky â€“ access must be fast and convenient, but sensitive customer information must be protected from unauthorized users at all times. Therefore, youâ€™ll want to look for mobile CRM software that provides multiple layers of password protection, data encryption, and other advanced security mechanisms to preserve the integrity and confidentiality of client information.
While a sales rep or technician is out of the office, critical events that may impact their day-to-day activities can occur. Mobile CRM software that instantly sends alerts to designated mobile devices when specific conditions arise â€“ for example, when a large order is cancelled, or a part needed for a service call in progress is out of stock â€“ will ensure that â€śon-the-goâ€ť users get the information they need, whenever they need it.