BMC Software Help Desk Solutions
BMC Software, Inc (NYSE: BMC), is a leading provider of enterprise management solutions that empower companies to manage IT from a business perspective. Delivering Business Service Management, BMC Software solutions span enterprise systems, applications, databases and service management. Founded in 1980, BMC Software has offices worldwide and posted fiscal 2006 revenues of more than $1.49 billion.
The company’s IT service desk management tools have been recognized as leading solutions by Forrester Research and Gartner. BMC’s IT help desk products include BMC Remedy Service Desk, and BMC Service Desk Express (formerly magic Service Desk Suite).
BMC Remedy Service Desk
BMC Remedy Service Desk is part of the BMC Remedy IT Service management suite of pre-integrated applications that seamlessly tie incident and problem management processes and data to asset, change, and service level management.
BMC Remedy Service Desk facilitates end-to-end service support processess. Regardless of whether a service request is initiated through the Web, email, telephone, desktop client, or by an event from a network or system management application, this multichannel customer request interface consolidates and handles requests from submission to final resolution.
Within the IT organization, BMC Remedy Service Desk provides a common tool to automate and integrate service support processes among functional or regional groups, third-party resources, and other parts of the enterprise. BMC Remedy Service Desk also provides a common workflow engine and database to provide visibility of key IT service metrics across the organization in a single integrated package.
BMC Remedy Service Desk is an incident and problem automated workflow solution that can cost-effectively reduce the number of incidents handled, improve resolution times and prevent future incidents from occurring, while improving IT staff efficiency. Part of an integrated and industry-defining Service Management suite, BMC Remedy Service Desk provides embedded best practices and paves the way for Business Service Management (BSM) attainment. Key features and benefits include:
- Includes BMC Atrium CMDB, which provides support analysts with holistic views of how the IT infrastructure supports critical business services
- Best practice Incident Management processes manage the entire incident resolution process in order to restore service as quickly as possible
- Best practice Problem Management processes remove defects from the IT infrastructure, eliminate recurring incidents, and stabilize the environment
- Tightly integrated Knowledge Base provides ready access to common solutions, known errors, and workarounds to expedite incident resolution
- Self-service lets users search FAQs, known solutions, and workarounds to common issues to encourage user self-sufficiency and reduce call volumes
- Ability to prioritize incidents according to business impact, allowing IT staff to focus efforts where it matters most
BMC Service Desk Express
BMC Service Desk Express Suite (formerly Magic Service Desk Suite), the foundation of BMC IT Service Support for the Midsized Business, enables you to easily customize workflow to meet the unique needs of your organization. The flexible interface automates tracking and workflow in departments within and beyond IT. BMC Service Desk Express Suite also leverages ITIL best practices to help IT share common terminology and integrate IT service management processes across the organization.
BMC Service Desk Express Suite provides the tools to run a highly efficient and cost effective support operation. This customizable, browser-based solution enables IT to:
- Prioritize resources according to business objectives through a reporting system that includes key management metrics to ensure business value. QuickViews provide business and system users with instant access to important service support data.
- Lower the cost of support operations with usability features, such as Microsoft Active Directory integration and an updated search capability. This enables users to quickly locate information and reduce overall problem resolution time.
- Deliver superior service, reduce operation expenses, and make informed business decisions. A customizable interface integrates easily into existing business processes
BMC Service Desk Express Suite includes BMC Service Desk Express Integration Engine. This utility provides strong out-of-the-box integration capabilities that lead to improved efficiency and performance of the service desk. It includes out-of-the-box connectors (ODBC, SNMP, XML, LDAP/ADSI) that provide the capability to integrate with generic external applications.
Designed to meet the needs of midsized businesses, the customizable, browser-based BMC Service Desk Express Suite combines best-in-class software with core ITIL best practices. The easy-to-use and easy-to-install products within the suite deliver superior service and reduce operational expenses by providing the data you need to manage change and make informed business decisions.
Founded in 1980, BMC Software is headquartered in Houston, Texas. The company serves Global 2000 companies confronted with the task of managing a highly complex, heterogeneous and decentralized IT environment. More than 15,000 customers, including 80% of Fortune 500 companies, rely on BMC Software to help manage their IT infrastructure.