Interwise Web Conferencing Solutions
When AT&T Inc. announced the completion of the acquisition of Interwise, a leading global provider of Internet Protocol (IP)-based voice, Web and video conferencing services, the company added another dimension of strength to its an already dominate global position as a communication solution provider. In parallel with that acquisition, AT&T announced the launch of AT&T Connect, the first in a planned series of converged AT&T-branded voice, video and web conferencing products and services that will accelerate the delivery of unified communications to companies worldwide.
With the introduction of AT&T Connect, the company is advancing its focus on delivering a comprehensive, global portfolio of unified communications solutions. The demand for such services is expected to total $5.9 billion in 2007, with continued growth expected in 2008 and beyond.
Looking ahead, through the acquisition of Interwise, AT&T is rapidly integrating its wired and wireless network assets, over which it intends to deliver a portfolio of services to help businesses integrate all of their communications applications — wired and wireless voice services, conferencing capabilities, including VoIP, Web and video, and presence-based applications, such as instant messaging and directories.
With headquarters in Cambridge, Mass., Interwise, as part of the new AT&T, employs approximately 150 people and operates in the United States, Europe and Asia and has offices in six countries. AT&T is among the leading conferencing providers in the world. The company provides a suite of conferencing services that support the operations of customers ranging from small and medium businesses up to the largest global corporations.
Interwise Key Strengths
- On November 1, 2007, Interwise was acquired by AT&T and its award-winning conferencing application, Interwise Connect, launched as the new AT&T Connect™. As part of the new AT&T, Interwise is now redefining enterprise-class conferencing and collaboration with unlimited voice, Web and video conferencing for one fixed price.
- AT&T Connect is the first in a planned series of converged, AT&T-branded voice, video and web conferencing products and services that will accelerate the delivery of unified communications to companies, worldwide.
- Interwise Connect (now AT&T Connect) transforms voice, Web and video conferencing from separate point applications used by only a small percentage of employees into a single, enterprise-wide communication tool that you can afford to give to everyone in the company, like email.
- Interwise’s superior technology and unique pricing model enable companies around the world to give sophisticated conferencing and collaboration capabilities to every employee in the organization for unlimited use internally and with external customers, partners and suppliers. The net result: dramatic cost savings, more effective business processes, and enhanced innovation, responsiveness and agility.
- Leading IT industry publications and analyst firms have recognized Interwise for changing the way conferencing is done by replacing unpredictable per-minute and overage charges with a complete solution that can be deployed as broadly and economically as e-mail.