Lawson Human Capital Management Solutions
On May 3, 2006, Lawson Software and Intentia International AB, a Stockholm, Sweden-based provider of enterprise computer software, officially began operating as one company. The merger joined two of the software industry’s growing mid-market companies and offered an alternative to larger ERP vendors.
The new company’s Enterprise Resource Planning solutions fall within two main product lines: Lawson S3 and Lawson M3. Lawson S3 products and solutions help customers staff, source and serve in their respective markets, including healthcare, retail, local government, K-12 education and banking and insurance. The Lawson S3 applications include Human Resource Management, Enterprise Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Enterprise Performance Management.
Lawson M3 products and solutions are for customers who make, move and maintain goods or equipment in their markets. These include fashion and apparel, food and beverage, wholesale distribution (business) and asset-intensive industries. The applications include Enterprise Asset Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, Value Chain Collaboration, Enterprise Performance Management and Workplace Management. Both the Lawson S3 and Lawson M3 product lines are built on industry-standard Java-based technology.
Because of the merger, Lawson can now serve manufacturing, distribution and services industries worldwide and its revenues closely mirror the global ERP marketplace, with 45 percent coming from North America, 45 percent from Europe and the remainder from Asia-Pacific.
Today, Lawson continues to break new ground with a wide variety of software, services, and support opportunities to help clients save time and money. The company is building on its world-class reputation as a solution provider as it delivers software suites in business-critical areas like HCM, where it delivers innovation through its services and support teams, who have introduced valuable time saving tools of their own. As a result of their efforts, in 2003, Lawson’s dedicated support team – the Global Support Center (GSC) – achieved its unprecedented sixth Support Center Practices certification.
Lawson Key Strengths
- Lawson Software provides rich ERP solutions – including finance, manufacturing, distribution, maintenance, and supply chain – are complemented by solutions for human capital management, customer relationship management, business intelligence and corporate social responsibility. Many of these applications are tailored to specific industries.
- The company’s 1,700 professional consultants can help businesses get the most value from their Lawson software. Organizations can work directly with Lawson or with a network of certified partners. Services can be delivered through on-site assistance or specialized solution centers for remotely delivered services.
- Lawson Software is widely recognized as the leading provider of Self Evident Applications (SEA), offering Web-deployable, enterprise wide, client/server business application solutions.
- Lawson’s systems assist companies in the management of financial and capital resources, personnel-related information, and materials distribution and inventory, incorporating leading-edge technologies to provide true open solutions.
- Lawson’s unique applications extend business to the Internet and are unparalleled in the industry. The company’s products and services power internal, business-to-business, and business-to-consumer e-business solutions.