Microsoft Web Conferencing Solutions
Founded in 1975, Microsoft is a worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
The company develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports software products for many computing devices. Its software products consist of operating systems, server applications, information worker productivity applications, business solution applications, high-performance computing applications, and software development tools. In addition, Microsoft provides consulting and product support services; and trains and certifies computer system integrators and developers. The Company sells the Xbox 360 video game console, the Zune digital music and entertainment device, PC games and peripherals. Online offerings are delivered through its Windows Live, Office Live, and MSN portals and channels.
The company recorded revenues of $51,122 million during the fiscal year ended June 2007, an increase of 15.4% over 2006. Its revenue growth was driven by the revenue gains from the licensing of the 2007 Microsoft Office system and Windows Vista; increased revenue associated with SQL Server, Windows Server, and Visual Studio; and increased Xbox 360 console sales.
Microsoft also develops the MSN network of Internet products and services. The company primarily operates in the US. Microsoft is headquartered in Redmond, Washington, and employs about 79,000 people.
Microsoft Key Strengths
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting is a hosted web conferencing service that connects and engages audiences in online meetings, training, and events through a reliable, enterprise-class hosted service. With meeting attendees participating from their PCs, you can deliver a presentation, kick off a project, brainstorm ideas, edit files, collaborate on whiteboards, and negotiate deals at a fraction of the cost and without the hassle of travel.
- Microsoft’s Office Live Meeting lets organizations delivers the capability to easily add unique interactive tools that work with existing systems and productivity applications.
- Office Live Meeting improves remote collaboration and increases meeting effectiveness with a familiar, easy-to-use interface
- Users stay confident with proven 99.99% uptime availability and always-on encryption.
- Organizations can also count on Microsoft’s Office Live Meeting service to improve call resolution times and user satisfaction with remote assistance.