Seapine Software, Inc. designs, develops, and markets software application lifecycle management solutions to the information technology sector. The company offers application testing, software change management, bug reporting, configuration management, and development process management services. Additionally, it offers data conversion, workflow management, script testing, and product training services.
With over 8,500 customers worldwide, Seapine Software, Inc. is a recognized, award-winning leading provider of quality-centric application lifecycle management (ALM) solutions. Seapine is uniquely positioned to directly provide sales, support, and services around the world with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio and offices in London, Melbourne, and Munich.
Seapine Software’s integrated software development and testing tools streamline customers’ development and QA processes, improving quality and saving significant time and money. Designed for the most demanding software development environments, Seapine’s ALM solutions are scalable, feature-rich, team-based tools that can be used separately for superior issue tracking, software configuration management, automated software testing, or test case management—or seamlessly integrated for more efficient control of the application development process.
Seapine Software designs products focusing on various development environments and platforms that include Microsoft Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, and Apple Macintosh. The company markets its products under different brand names such as TestTrack Pro-Development, workflow and issue management; TestTrack TCM-Test, case planning and tracking; Surround SCM-Software, configuration management; QA Wizard Pro-Automated, functional and regression testing; Seapine CM-Complete, software change and issue management; and TestTrack Studio-Complete, management of development processes, issues, and quality. It partners with ChangeGroup, Erudis, Head-On Computer Systems Ltd., Ideo Technologies, LogicaCMG, SageRight, Apple developer, and VMware.
Seapine Software was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Mason, Ohio with additional offices in Munich, Germany; Vienna, Austria; Point Cook, Australia; and London, United Kingdom.
Seapine Defect Tracking Software Key Strengths
- Seapine Software is the leading provider of quality-centric application lifecycle management (ALM) solutions for product development and IT organizations.
- The company’s mission is to equip its customers with the tools, technologies, and best practices to deliver quality software products on time and within budget.
- As a multiple product company with over 8,500 customers worldwide, Seapine Software is focused exclusively on the needs of software development organizations. The company is uniquely positioned to deliver innovative, tightly-integrated ALM solutions that improve product quality.
- Seapine Software is fiercely focused on winning hearts, minds, and markets by continuously exceeding customer expectations. Its passion for exceeding expectations extends to crafting the highest quality products, presenting the most professional public image, and creating a work culture of employee empowerment and career satisfaction.
Seapine’s Integrated ALM Suite
- TestTrack Pro – Development workflow and issue management
- TestTrack TCM – Test case planning and tracking
- Surround SCM – Software configuration management
- QA Wizard Pro – Automated functional and regression testing
Seapine ALM Software Key Strengths
- Seapine Software’s flexible cross-platform solutions adapt to the way teams work.
- Collaboration features allow organizations to achieve maximum productivity whether their teams are located under one roof or scattered around the world.
- Automation helps organizations deliver products faster by eliminating steps, streamlining processes, and automating repetitive tasks.
- Seapine application lifecycle management (ALM) tools provide a lower cost of entry. Unlike most ALM suites that require a dedicated IT staff to support them, Seapine’s solutions can easily be managed by business professionals or the development staff, greatly reducing software management and support costs.