Symantec Email Security Solutions
Founded in 1982 in Cupertino, California, Symantec has established itself as a world-class information security organization, and is recognized as one of the world’s top three providers of web-based threat protection tools and solutions. With 17,500 employees and facilities in 40 countries, Symantec remains at the front of the technology curve in researching, developing, and implementing solutions that address the security, systems management, and storage needs for consumers, small businesses, and enterprises.
With over 300 issued US patents in infosec and related technologies, Symantec has a number of security operations centers and security response labs around the world, providing 24×7 security expertise to its constantly expanding customer base. Symantec’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Dublin, Ireland, and the company has more than 2,000 support professionals globally in 29 centers, providing support in 10 languages.
The company helps customers protect their infrastructure, information and interactions by delivering software and services that address risks to security, availability, compliance and performance, and their track record is impressive. Symantec was named one of IT Week’s Top 50 Technology Innovators (December 2006); the organization tied for 16th place on Baseline Magazine’s 50 Fastest-Growing Software Companies (September 2006), and it’s ranked 515 on the 2007 Fortune 1,000 list. Key strengths include:
- Symantec replaces costly capital investments with pay-as-you-go subscriptions that maximize flexibility, and benefit from the expertise and economies of scale of a leading IT provider.
- At research and development facilities around the world, more than 3,500 Symantec engineers are building solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information—staying one step ahead of cyber criminals.
- Symantec’s pay-as-you-go, subscription-based Hosted Mail Security protects your email infrastructure from spam, viruses, and other unwanted content without requiring on-site hardware, software, or ongoing maintenance.
- Hosted by Symantec, the solution features award-winning Brightmail AntiSpam and Symantec AntiVirus technologies, flexible quarantine management, graphical reporting and protections against directory harvest attacks and other email-borne threats.
- The company’s proven enterprise-wide email security solution stops 97 percent of all spam messages, and boasts an industry-leading 99.9999 percent accuracy rate against false positives. The technology requires no additional hardware or software, allows administrators to customize mail policies by user or group, and utilizes a secure Web-based console to provide central management of all domains, policies, reports and quarantines.
- Messaging Security solutions ensure that critical IT systems, and the information assets they contain, are protected from risks such as viruses, spam, and data leakage. Powerful filtering capabilities block unwanted content from entering your network, and ensure sensitive information is not transferred inappropriately.
Symantec’s award-winning security solutions enable organizations to evaluate, protect, and effectively remediate both managed and unmanaged systems as they connect to corporate assets. Integrated solutions include antivirus, anti-spam, anti-spyware, firewall, intrusion prevention, and network access control technologies. Client machines, servers, and mobile devices are all protected by Symantec’s leading-edge prevention tools and applications.
Symantec provides a full range of services to assist its broad base of customers in assessing, architecting, implementing, supporting, and maintaining their security, storage, and infrastructure software solutions. The company’s global services organization also provides enterprise and small to mid-sized businesses with maintenance and technical support, consulting, and education services.
Symantec does business with 99 percent of the companies listed on the 2007 Fortune 1000 list. The company has a particularly strong presence in the electrical power industry, financial services, oil and gas industry, the public sector, and the telecommunications sector.