ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing Review
About ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing
ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing is a medical revenue management solution that helps you quickly collect more of your reimbursement, eliminating management headaches. ADP has combined its comprehensive medical billing and revenue expertise with AdvancedMD’s practice management and EHR software to create a complete medical practice management solution that’s designed to maximize your collections—whether you’re a single practitioner or in a larger provider group. ADP puts your practice on equal footing with large payer systems in a manageable, affordable and worry-free service. Since it has extensive interoperability features, ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing can also streamline communications between different practices and providers.
ADP also offers outsourced medical billing in which they handle all the system setup, EDI implementation, documentation, training, and process coordination, relieving your practice of the headaches associated with transitioning medical billing services. ADP medical billing and revenue management ensures that your practice preferences are set before beginning the billing process. If your practice doesn’t have a policy already, ADP will help you create one.
About ADP AdvancedMD
ADP AdvancedMD is based in Salt Lake City, Utah and is part of a globally-trusted company with nearly $9B in revenues. With approximately 550,000 clients, including more than 45,000 physicians, ADP AdvancedMD is one of the world’s largest providers of cloud-based medical software, including an ONC-ATCB-CCHIT 2011-2012 Certified complete electronic health record. Originally an independent company, AdvancedMD was acquired by ADP in March 2011.
ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing Key Features
- Batch automation of patient insurance coverage confirmation prior to the appointment date.
- Allows you to do on-demand electronic checks as needed.
- Creates a memo for each patient when coverage is invalid.
Appointment Scheduler and Wait List
- Scheduler offers tight integration with additional patient details.
- Set up multiple physicians, block times, locations, appointment types and more to make your appointment book look the way you want it.
- Create a series of frequently scheduled & repeating appointments.
- Provides convenience and flexibility to new and existing patients.
Deductibles and Co-pays
- Receipt generated for patients on the spot by AdvancedMD’s system.
- Auto-calculate from insurance fee schedules.
- Reduce no-pays by collecting while the patient is still in the office.
Online Charge Slips and Charge Slip Templates
- Online charge slips can be easily customized to your practice’s needs, workflows and specialty.
- Make customized codes for supplementary products and services.
- Eliminate misplaced charge slips with the AdvancedMD online system.
- Improve communication between your practice and third party billing services.
- Online software to transfers charge information from the your office to the in-house billing.
- Queues up online charge slips for immediate review.
- Store and organize Charge slips under a separate tab in the system so they don’t get lost.
- Review each charge immediately following each encounter as the provider submits it.
- Includes fast and easy online accessibility to a comprehensive, searchable set of the four major medical code types.
- Automatic updates to each group annually at no extra charge.
- Search codes electronically by CPT and descriptions, or by keywords, and see details to ensure you’ve located the correct descriptor.
Patient Check-out Screen
- Easy to use and implement interface for your entire staff.
- Scheduler integration for easier appointment recall.
- One screen for all check-out functions.
- Increase staff productivity and more patients seen.
- Accurately track patient visits and ensure scheduled follow-up compliance.
- Pre-define default recall appointments based on procedures.
- Set a recall visit at the point of care.
- Reduce manual processes and lost follow-up visits.
A/R Collections and Reports
- Using our software, a medical billing manager can assign collection work lists to specialists based on criteria such as specific skills or familiarity with certain payers.
- Automated collection work lists in our software help divide and prioritize the workload among medical staff to increase productivity.
- Medical collection work lists are prioritized in our software, giving staff a list of delinquent accounts receivable for greatest revenue capture and, ultimately, financial profitability.
- Provides standard ANSI payment and denial reasons in a visual display, giving you an easy way to view, manage, and work your rejected claims.
- Enables medical office staff to follow up on denied claims with simple, prioritized work lists.
- The Financial Health section, which summarizes and graphs key A/R data.
- The Production section detailing data specific to clinic throughput and charge activity.
- The Billing Cycle section, which computes billing cycle efficiency and compares it to the aggregated average of all other users on the AdvancedMD web-based system.
Soft Collection Letters
- Provides templates that can be created and selected for the appropriate phase of the collection cycle.
- Each medical collection letter can be previewed in an editing screen, and modified as necessary to accommodate specific special circumstances.
- Track each action and response within the billing software system to ensure that proper follow-up and progressive action is executed in a timely and professional way.
Claim Inspector, eClaims, and eRemittance
- Claim Inspector ensures that procedures are captured correctly and claims are error-free before submitting for payment – increasing initial submission payments and decreasing claim rejections.
- eClaims Billing Software system connects you directly with key insurance clearinghouse partners for fast and efficient submission.
- Powerful, comprehensive tools for quickly resolving rejections, denials or errors, and for tracking insurance reimbursement all the way through to final posting.
- Carrier ERAs are automatically uploaded into the AdvancedMD eRemittance software module and matched with corresponding medical visits and charges in the ADP billing system.
Patient Portion and Automated Credit Card Processing
- Online charge slip and single checkout screen ensures fast, accurate capture of charges and collections of patient portion upon checkout.
- Patient portion for the day is calculated and displayed as part of the checkout procedure so your staff can accurately collect what the patient owes.
- No hand typing credit card information; card is swiped through the desktop appliance and payment is automatically posted to A/R.
Daily Statement Batches and eStatements
- Generate statements for patient visits every day rather than waiting for a weekly or monthly batch, thus streamlining cash flow.
- Preview all medical bills prior to being sent electronically to the clearinghouse.
- Automates the entire medical patient billing statements and collections process.
ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing Screenshots
ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing Videos
Products Similar to ADP AdvancedMD Medical Billing
White Papers and Demos
What You Should Know about ICD-10 Codes: Understand the Facts, the Timing, and the Impact
White Paper provided by ADP AdvancedMD
Moving to ICD-10 CM/PCS will require a tremendous effort and incur incredible cost for health care organizations. Many medical organizations have not begun the implementation process and are expecting the date for implementation to be delayed. That is a misconception and could affect the health of the organization. The countdown is now. Don’t delay planning for implementation. The health of your medical organization depends on it!
Selecting a Billing Service - What to Look for When Selecting a Billing Service
White Paper provided by ADP AdvancedMD
The best medical billing services do far more than just process claims. They follow up with insurance companies, appealing denials and working rejections, no-pays and slow-pays. They offer collaborative tools designed to boost your revenue. They manage patient payment plans. They handle monthly statement cycles. They provide solid insight into your practice’s financial health.