DTR ERP Review
Easy to implement. Works on the MS-SQL database, on the Desktop OS ASP (web interface), or Windows XP. The server OS is on Windows XP.
Leaders in the plastics industry, including more than 150 injection molders, extruders, film and bag processors, blow molders, thermoformers, and compounders use DTR Plastics software to make their businesses more competitive and more profitable.
COARC, Dreco Incorporated, Engineered Plastics Corporation, Nypro Ireland, Ven-Tel Corporations, Wisconsin Film & Bag, WM Plastics
About DTR ERP
DTR Plastics ERP software is a comprehensive enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution designed specifically for companies that manufacture plastics. DTR Plastics software is used by firms that have a combination of discrete and process manufacturing requirements to improve their manufacturing, distribution, financial management, and customer relationship management processes.
Aptean, a global leader in enterprise application software (EAS), gives businesses of all sizes a competitive edge. They empower people and businesses with end-to-end, industry-specific solutions to address complex business challenges more effectively. Their software applications and professional business services enable more than 9,000 customers, in more than 100 countries, to more successfully manage their business. Software built specifically for their target markets, aligned with deep knowledge across vertical industries, allow businesses to satisfy their customers, operate most efficiently, and stay at the forefront of their industry.
DTR ERP Key Features
- Multi-warehouse, multi-location, lot code management and serialized inventory
- Location, lot, serial number and revision tracking
- Quick inventory transfers and adjustments
- Min/max/reorder levels
- Costing to the fifth decimal place
- Vendor contract pricing tables and product price list reports
- Vendor and customer cross-referencing
- Standard reports: where used, cost variance and more
- Multi-plant inventory counts and costing supported
- Physical inventory counting, transfers and adjustments
- Comprehensive audit trails
- Inventory update by ticket
- Cycle counting
- Inventory reconciliation (records all transactions affecting an inventory item for period specified)
- Transfer consignment inventory from plant to plant and from floor location to a new location.
- Include lot codes, revision and serial numbers on documentation.
- Mass create transfer packing slips to accompany transfers.
- View customers’ inventory in query format—no need to print large reports.
- Relieve the consignment inventory at invoicing.
- Obtain separate consignment reporting for valuation purposes.
- Manage location controlled inventory for increased accuracy and reduced man-hours locating inventory for shipping and production.
- Automate picking and labeling of cartons of shipped product.
- Validate picked inventory for reduced shipping errors.
- Perform cycle counting of the finished goods warehouse.
- Collect production data—eliminating handwritten run sheets and shift reports.
- “Click a button” to display all BOMs using a specified material and view bill of manufacture structure in indented breakdown format.
- Empower your customer service reps and plant managers to quickly view jobs from scheduling and advise customers if shipments will be on time.
- Schedule all your jobs, at all levels, on just one screen.
- Identify potential late jobs, raw material shortages, and available stations and tools.
- Identify where raw material are used in production.
- Reschedule a job and DTR Plastics software will automatically reschedule all associated lower level jobs to help you meet your shipping dates.
- Save and recall multiple scenarios.
- Schedule by multiple plant locations, departments and multi-tool stations.
- Plan for tool setups, family molds and tool conflict resolution.
- Consider set-up and tear-down times as well as preventative maintenance.
- Share data with Forecasting and MRP.
- Generate unlimited quotes per customer.
- Customize automatic quote letters and quote reports.
- Create items in inventory and bill of manufacture—reducing data entry.
- Run extensive “what-if” quoting scenarios.
- Store and regenerate quotes to quickly develop other quotations with “same as except” capabilities.
- Account for regrind, scrap and purge and return of regrind to inventory within your costing model.
- Track different costing at individual plant locations using multiple BOMs.
- Perform alternate routings.
- Generate up to five product configurations (quantity, run rate, scraps percentages, etc.) per BOM.
- Manage family and multi-cavity tools.
- Link process notes, Q.C. notes, and system notes.
- Route sheets and process setup sheets.
- Designate machine assignments for scheduling.
- Create quantity price break tables with margins automatically from the BOM.
- Attach documents and drawings.
- Graph costs.
- View all BOM components in tree format.
- Manage BOMs easily with utility programs. You can mass copy multi-level BOMs, perform cost-rollups, where used, search and replace, and materials price pass-through.
- Adjust data to smooth the highs and lows.
- Use batch utility programs to automate the task of collecting large amounts of data.
- Have multiple forecasting tools available such as manual, side-by-side and statistical methods (moving average, double moving average, exponential smoothing, and linear regression).
- Reference unlimited future and historical periods.
- Display sales history and allow for sales history adjustments.
- Perform multiple forecasts on each (or any combination of) item code, plant location, salesperson, territory, customer, and shipping location.
- Forecast a new item with no sales orders.
- Projections on raw material expenditures each month based on sales forecast.
- Reports to see if press capacity will be exceeded.
- Projecting labor requirements by month for each product line.
- Find out why machines were down or items were rejected in summary or drill-down to details per shift.
- Identify machine status using a color coded display system.
- Quickly find yield, cycle time or production problems—for the whole floor or for one particular machine.
- Gain visibility over tool conflicts and impending setups.
- Generate standard reports or design your own.
- Create summary reports at the end of each shift.
- Track the operations that are included in each job.
- Perform detailed costing (standards and actual) at all levels.
- Monitor employee cost and hours per job.
- View the beginning and ending date of any job.
- Track multiple labor classes/rates.
- Apply detailed cost management and automatically distribute costs.
- Automatically create purchase orders from project costing.
- Create payroll timecards—interface to DTR Plastics software’s payroll.
- View time card entries on your screen for editing.
- Automatically create journal entries.
- Store past job history information.
- Allocate late vendor invoices to one or more jobs.
- Manage sub-contracted jobs.
- Percentage of completion reports
- Standard to actual costing (in graphical format)
- Cost overrun projections (in graphical format)
- Actual vs. estimate (hours and dollars)
- Quote vs. estimate vs. actual
- By job or project
- Material costed to jobs, materials received and unallocated, time card activity and tooling revisions
- Quote from our market price table.
- Build quotes by process (extrusion, printing, slitting, etc.).
- Capture the costs by process.
- Incorporate mill, width, length, side trim, header, lip and side/end gussets and more into their quotes.
- Convert rolls to bags.
- Ensure the correct selling price by using high/low order margins.
- See an instant view of calculations of weight and area, based on your specifications.
- Make selections for artwork, terms on the order…and more.
- Improve customer service with quick and accurate quoting.
- Easily retrieve quotes for multiple items, by customer, or sales representative.
- Create Sales Orders, Inventory and Customer records.
- Determine your costs
- Identify suppliers you owe and pay them at just the right time
- See your cash requirements
- Configure invoice documents by customer and/or plant location
- Access up-to-the-minute aging information
- Reconcile checks
- Quickly view outstanding invoices and apply payments
- Post partial payments
- Email documents and reports
- Quickly generate checks based on your specific criteria (due date, vendor, employee, etc)
- Provide immediate answers to employee inquiries
- Analyze and manage costs across your organization
- Save time on data entry as general ledger accounts/cost centers flow through the entire system
- Easily keep your accounts up to date and close periods
- Quickly review, update, and validate balances
- Continue making transactions while a prior period or year is open
- Determine cash requirements needed to meet payables this week, next week, next month, and beyond
- Schedule recurring journal entries for a period of time you specify
- Post transactions in summary or detail and drill down into the supporting data
- Analyze key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Quickly access a snapshot of your company’s financial position
- Retrieve information fast—without having to rely on staff to generate reports for you
- Spot trends and manage by exception
- Obtain a complete picture of your customer and prospect relationships.
- Increase the efficiency of your sales representatives by automating standard tasks.
- Sort and display customer or prospect data by sales rep, territory, type, class, and more.
- Generate a quick “health check” by customer or prospect to review their financial standing, on-hand inventory, order and shipment status and history, open/closed sales orders, packing lists, bills of lading, and more.
- Assign tasks to remind users to follow up on important matters and create alerts for issues requiring immediate action.
- Quickly retrieve records, including sales and credit information, with a simple search by company or contact.
- Maintain a complete history of your interactions with prospects and customers.
- Customize DTR Plastics software to your specific commission processes
- Quickly calculate and pay commissions, including split commissions to multiple sales representatives
- Quickly verify customer credit limits
- Determine the earliest feasible day for shipping your product
- Execute blanket orders, apply discounts, and factor in quantity breaks
- Provide enhanced customer service by quickly accessing information on the status of orders, shipments, inventory and more
Products Similar to DTR ERP
White Papers and Demos
White Paper provided by Aptean
This guide provides an overview of the steps for conducting an effective and successful enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution evaluation. The process can be challenging because of the level of detail that must be addressed, ensuring that key steps are not overlooked.
White Paper provided by Aptean
Compiere delivers a broad and rich set of integrated business functionality on a global-ready platform. Manage any number of organizations, warehouses, languages, currencies, and accounting rules. Utilize role-based Management Dashboards with drilldown capability to effectively monitor and analyze your operations. Pre-built charts and graphs are provided and are easily expanded to meet your specific needs. And, Compiere Enterprise is built to scale -supporting multiple servers, large transaction volumes, hundreds of users and business complexity required by demanding businesses of all sizes.
White Paper provided by Aptean
Today’s wire and cable industry is marked by intense global competition, cyclical markets, changing demand patterns, and the commoditization of products. Many wire and cable manufacturers are moving to more complex and sophisticated products that have specialized high performance characteristics.