SAP IT Service Management Review
SAP IT Service Management was built following ITIL V3 best practice guidelines to provide out-of-the-box best practices. SAP ITSM includes built in integration to SAP ERP Financials.
SAP IT Service Management is part of SAP CRM solution and can be used by companies in a variety of industries and sizes.
Colmobile, Akbank, Alfanar Electric, Bayer MaterialScience, Bennet, Coleman & Company, Springer
View Vendor's Product Page
About SAP IT Service Management
SAP IT Service Management is part of SAP CRM and is made to help IT organizations execute and manage IT services to meet company goals and reduce costs. SAP ITSM supports business processes that make it possible for companies to manage all aspects of their service desk operations. SAP ITSM is also a certified ITIL V3 compliant solution which helps companies adopt IT service best practices into their organizations. SAP ITSM includes built-in integration with SAP ERP to provide IT organizations with access to valuable ERP information. Overall, SAP ITSM helps companies improve transparency, manage costs, improve quality and improve overall customer satisfaction.
SAP is one of the world’s largest business software companies and the third-largest software supplier overall. Founded in 1972 as Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing, SAP has a rich history of innovation and growth that has made them a leader in providing collaborative business solutions for all types of industries – in every major market. The company, headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, employs more than 51,800 people in more than 50 countries, and serves more than 76,000 customers in more than 120 countries.
SAP has leveraged their extensive experience to deliver a comprehensive range of solutions such as in to empower every aspect of business operations. SAP has created software solutions like SAP accounting software that can be used by companies of all sizes to use to reduce costs, improve performance and become more agile to respond to changing business needs.
SAP IT Service Management Key Features
IT Service Desk Management
- Improves productivity of a company’s service desk agents.
- Companies can leverage multiple channels of communication including phone, e-mail, fax, Web and chat.
- Improves efficiency and scalability through universal queuing, intelligent routing and presence information that is made available through SAP Business Communication Management software plug-in.
Incident and Problem Tracking
- Helps companies solve IT incidents and problems quickly and more efficiently through ITIL compliant software.
- Provides companies with a solution to manage the entire life cycle of incidents and problems by providing access to relevant information like user information, related assets and their configurations and a knowledge base.
- Accelerates problem resolution with automatic assignment and escalation that is based on business rules, priorities and service level agreements.
IT Infrastructure Change Management
- SAP ITSM helps reduce the impact of infrastructure changes by helping companies manage the life cycle of all It infrastructure changes.
- Improves the success of infrastructure changes by following defined processes and workflows to ensure the proper approvals are made.
- Helps identify risks and makes sure proper resources are available to support the change.
IT Financial Management
- Helps companies understand and manage IT assets through related financial information available through pre-built integration with SAP ERP Financials application.
- Provides access to the most current cost information to make sure billing of IT services is correct.
- Helps companies make more informed decisions by providing decision makers with accurate financial analysis, updated cost information and budget spend data.
Service Level Management
- Helps companies set expectations with users by defining all key service level agreements that will be used to track performance of IT service operations.
- For outsourced IT services, companies can measure results to fine tune processes and discuss contract renewal.
- SAP IT Service Management is built following ITIL V3 best practices
- Includes built in implementation to SAP ERP Financials to provide It organizations to track costs and budgets
- Tracks all changes made to the IT infrastructure to make sure any changes followed the proper approval process
SAP ITSM provides the core IT service management features a company needs to improve the efficiency of service desk operations. Also, SAP ITSM helps companies to continually improve their processes by following the ITIL V3 best practices and learning from integrated analytics. SAP ITSM also has a relatively low total cost of ownership.
SAP IT Service Management Videos
Products Similar to SAP IT Service Management