Terremark Enterprise Cloud Review
Terremark’s cloud services are geared towards enterprises (its customers include Fortune 1000 companies) and government customers.
LiveOffice, USA.gov, Agora Games, the Library of Congress, Club Med
Customer Case Studies
About Terremark Enterprise Cloud
Terremark Enterprise Cloud is based on resources rather than server units, allowing for more precise allocation of your computing resources. Terremark Enterprise Cloud also gives customers a discrete, dedicated collection of resources (memory, CPU, and storage) where you can create and manage your company’s virtual servers. The system doesn’t require specialized knowledge or assistance in order for you to be able to control load balancers and firewall resources.
Terremark Enterprise Cloud comes in three different editions:
- Enterprise Cloud Managed – on-demand computing resources that also include assistance with managing and monitoring your cloud system.
- Enterprise Cloud Private – tailored for large enterprises that require an additional level of security and performance.
- Enterprise Cloud Federal – created especially for government agencies, meeting and complying with the highly specific security regulations inherent in governmental computing.
Terremark is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ). Setting the norm for IT deployments using advanced infrastructure as well as managed service offerings, delivering the security, scale, and reliability companies need in order to meet the requirements of a successful enterprise, Terrmark has a world-wide network of data centers. With their portfolio of secure solutions, Terremark helps enterprises and government executives utilize the cloud in a meaningful and efficient manner.
Terremark Enterprise Cloud Key Features
- Walks you through setting up your virtual machine.
- Prepare servers in advance.
- Resource pool remains unaffected even while powered off.
- No locked-in processor, memory, or storage configurations
- Allocate resources to each server as required.
- Easily shut down the server and allocate additional processors, memory, or storage.
- Supports over 450 operating system configurations.
- Includes Windows Server 2003 and 2008, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, SUSE Linux, Solaris, and Ubuntu.
- Ability to upload and install your company’s customized OS on blank virtual machines.
- Manage connecting virtual machines to the Internet.
- Firewall management allows you to create and modify firewall rule sets.
- Send firewall logs externally or to a syslog server within the cloud environment.
- Add supplementary nodes to public IPs on the Enterprise Cloud.
- Perform load balancing, network address translation (NAT), and port address translation (PAT).
- Integrate with existing private network.
- Have Terremark handle the configuration, address management, and security.
- Only secure channels are used (Dedicated LAN-LAN, Utility LAN-LAN, or Point-to-Point Circuit connections).
- Create disaster recovery resolutions and system redundancies across geographically varied facilities.
- Manage multiple environments through one interface.
- Combine Enterprise Cloud with dedicated servers managed from the same web interface.
- Only takes a few minutes once a LAN-LAN connection is established.
- Complete control over dedicated resources.
- Meets critical certification and compliance requirements, such as passed SAS-70 Type II Audit, Safe Harbor, and PCI-DSS.
- Terremark security experts can work with companies desiring a more customized security environment.
Terremark Enterprise Cloud Videos
Products Similar to Terremark Enterprise Cloud
What Others Say About Terremark Enterprise Cloud
- Terremark Cloud Hosting Review – BestCloudServer
“Terremark Worldwide is globally recognized as key player in the cloud hosting industry and boasts the most robust andadvanced cloud operations platform…”
- Terremark Cloud Computing – managed.com
“The Enterprise Cloud adeptly collaborates the mastery and resilience of your organizations data infrastructure by providing top-notch security and availability…”
- Terremark offers private cloud that offloads traffic spikes to public platforms – TechWorld
“Terremark is offering enterprises a new private cloud storage service that includes the option to burst into a public cloud to handle big spikes in traffic…”