SDL Tridion Review
Contact vendor directly for pricing information.
Product is available as an on-premise solution.
Vendor works with companies of all sizes in the financial services, travel and tourism, manufacturing, public sector, automotive and service industries.
ABN AMRO Print, Corono Direct, Friesland Insurance, Lexus, Yamaha Motor Europe
About SDL Tridion
SDL Tridion is web content management software incorporated within the SDL Web package. The platform provides users with a centralized web content management ecosystem that facilitates global content creation, targeting, testing, multi-channel distribution, translations social interactions.
The software is equipped with a workflow engine designed to web page, web content, template and multimedia processes, as well as allows users to manage web content in bundles and compile multiple pieces of text, layout elements, images, downloads and multimedia elements. Additionally, the platform can be integrated with external content repositories including SDL Digital Media Management, Northplains DAM, SharePoint and Flickr.
About the Company
SDL was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
SDL Tridion Key Features
- Centralized Campaign Model: provides companies with a central and local view of marketing campaigns with a multi-dimensional perspective and tracking tool.
- High Level Reporting: provides an overview of the status of each campaign that is accessible by all stakeholders.
- Actionable Insights: help marketers quickly add or change assets to ensure all campaign touch points are relevant to that campaign
- Device Support: includes automatic device detection and provides contextual previews of mobile sites.
- Mobile Widgets: provide out-of-the-box, pre-defined navigation widgets and image galleries for easy delivery of new mobile initiatives.
- RESTful Web Service: offers data standards for multi-platform delivery to support a scalable mobile marketing strategy.
- Automation: helps companies implement and maintain task automation with native .NET event system. Supports both synchronous and asynchronous transactional events
- Asset Control: new storage model allows companies to define custom storage rules to publish assets to dedicated server environments and content delivery networks like Akamai or third-party providers like YouTube.
- Content Service Module: helps companies extend the reuse of content beyond CMS environment. RESTful web service takes care of dynamic linking, targeted promotions, and Open Authorization 2.0, ensuring full web service security. Data content services now follow the most current best practices for serving content to social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Visitor Intelligence: Ambient Data Framework allows companies to merge data from SDL Audience Manager, SDL SmartTarget, SDL WebForms, SDL Tridion, and session-based data, resulting in visitor intelligence and truly connected customer experiences.
- Additional Authentication Options: in addition to existing Active Directory and LDAP authentication support, SDL Tridion 2011 allows companies to defer authentication to any third-party security system through custom authentication schemes, allowing for single sign-on support for systems such as CA SiteMinder or IBM Tivoli Access Manager.
- Publishing Enhancements: content delivery now allows for greater publishing throughput and multi-threaded deployment for higher volume publishing.
- API Optimization: query criteria and custom metadata give full access to Dynamic Content Broker functionality allowing for highly dynamic delivery scenarios.
- BluePrinting: BluePrinting represents channel content as “publications” where a channel can be a corporate website, local website email, mobile website, or printed materials. Includes a publication hierarchy that ensures that corporate, centralized information is always shared, current, and up-to-date in any related publication.
- Intelligent Navigation: companies can use taxonomies to provide content-driven navigation including keyword-based navigation, breadcrumb trails, related content, topic maps, and tag clouds.
- WebForms: companies can create online forms to qualify leads and gather information about the visitor’s preferences, interests and characteristics. Marketers can manage and add forms to pages to create customer interactions.
- Interface Options: SDL Tridion users can access the system through Content Manager Explorer, the main interface, or through Site Edit. Content can also be accessed through multiple applications using WedDAV connector.
- Integrations: companies can use their CRM data to make sure all information is up to date. This results in companies being able to use specific information about their target audience to select the right type of content to display.
- Multi-Channel: coordinate results-driven email campaigns with a specific online channel, mobile devices, and print campaigns. Automatically share message, images, and managed resources.
- Targeted: allows companies to segment and personalize individual emails. Marketers can associate emails with existing web content to send visitors to relevant web pages.
- Branded: includes predefined templates to ensure consistency across all emails to make sure brand identity is managed correctly. With SDL’s BluePrinting, marketers can reuse, update, or create any content from multiple mailings or other channels.
- Measured: helps marketers measure success of email campaigns. Outbound Email tracks information about individual contacts as well as specific distribution lists.
- Quality Control Automation: Safeguard automatically scans all the pages on the website for quality issues including compliance, usability, and brand and SEO issues, and displays them in a single dashboard. Quick Check option allows companies to check a specific page instead of the entire site.
- Management Dashboard: provides reports about the quality of the global web estate. It allows companies to spot trouble areas and benchmarks the company’s site against others within that industry.
- Checkpoint Library: to coincide with the other quality control features, companies can set up checkpoints to make sure their editorial processes are followed.
SDL Tridion Videos
Products Similar to SDL Tridion