IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ Review
Contact vendor directly for pricing information.
Product is an on-premise solution.
Vendor works with enterprise customers.
Autotrader, Danone, DBS Bank, Guidewell, McKesson
About IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+
IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ is cloud hosting software designed to run workloads like Oracle and SAP applications. The platform provides user with multiple levels of isolation, flexible configuration options and is available on multiple operation systems including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows, and IBM AIX 6.1.
The software offers a set of standard, pre-defined CPU, memory and storage configurations, as well as the option of including both IBM and non-IBM software such as IBM WebSphere MQ V7.0 and Apache Tomcat V5.5 in the service catalog. Additionally, the platform provides users with a self-service web portal and optional managed services including application monitoring and patch management.
About the Company
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) was founded in 1911 and is headquartered in Armonk, New York.
IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ Key Features
- Networking capabilities allow for deployment of web applications
- Elastic scalability and geographic reach reduce risk of uncertain capacity needs for web applications
- Enterprise-class IBM AIX and Linux platforms allow for cost-optimized architecture
- More cost-effective than investing millions of dollars for a workload-optimized infrastructure tailored specifically to the requirements of the application
- Infrastructure resources available as you need them with the ability to vertically scale through a single virtual machine and to scale horizontally
- High performance architecture that includes AIX, 10 gigabyte local area network and IBM XIV® Tier 1 storage
- Production-class infrastructure
- Match of production environment for applications running in IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+
- Backup and snapshot features
- Custom networking elements allow IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ environments to connect to existing on-premises environments
- Automation of service activation reduces time to establish a new environment
- Elasticity allows for applications to be load tested and scaled for performance
Products Similar to IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+