BMC Software, Inc.,is a leading global provider of enterprise management solutions that empower companies to automate their IT and align it to the needs of the business. Delivering business service management, BMC solutions span enterprise systems, applications, databases and service management.
BMC Software is focused on serving the Global 2000 companies who are confronted with the task of managing a highly complex, heterogeneous and decentralized IT environment in a world that is constantly changing around them. Customers utilize BMC Software solutions to better meet the challenges they are facing and to enhance their return on investment. In addition, with the help of BMC Software’s solutions, these customers are focused on providing the highest levels of service to their end customers (both internal and external).
BMC and its subsidiaries develop software that provides systems and service management solutions for large enterprises. BMC’s ALM solution operates in four segments: Mainframe Management, Distributed Systems Management, Service Management, and Identity Management. Mainframe Management segment offers MAINVIEW solutions, which manage, automate, and optimize the depth and breadth of z/OS, DB2, CICS, IMS, Linux, middleware, the Web, and storage. This segment also includes its SmartDBA solutions that manage and recover DB2 and IMS databases and job scheduling products.
Distributed Systems Management segment provides BMC Performance Manager and PATROL solutions that manage information technology (IT) infrastructure in distributed computing environments; SmartDBA solutions that manage Oracle, DB2 UDB, MS SQL Server, and Sybase databases; job scheduling and output management products; applications management solutions that manage SAP and Siebel environments; and enterprise performance assurance solutions that optimize system performance and capacity planning.
The Service Management segment offers service delivery management, service impact management, IT service management for the enterprise, IT service support, and IT service management for outsourcers. The Identity Management segment provides a suite of products to facilitate enterprise directory management and visualization, Web access control, user administration and provisioning, password management, and audit and compliance management.
BMC customers include manufacturers, telecommunications companies, financial service providers, educational institutions, retailers, distributors, hospitals, service providers, government agencies and value-added resellers. The company markets its products directly through its sales force, as well as through resellers, distributors, and systems integrators.
BMC Software Technology
BMC Software provides hosted and on-demand enterprise management software used for a variety of functions, including recovery and storage management, business process scheduling and integration, service management, and application and database performance management.
BMC Software Highlights
- BMC Remedy Service Management
- BMC Remedy Service Desk (can be configured to provide end-to-end ALM support)
- Ensures IT service levels and discovers, understands, models, responds, or tracks IT system problems and business services failures—all to help speed the attainment of Business Service Management (BSM).
- Supports industry best practices, including the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®), to help measure and communicate the value and impact of IT initiatives on revenue, profits, and shareholder value.
- BMC Discovery – Identify hardware and software asset attributes, configurations, relationships and usage, whether always or intermittently connected to your network.
- BMC Atrium CMDB – Reconcile conflicting discovery and asset data, then share a single source of truth across all ITIL and business service management disciplines and tools.
- Lifecycle Workflow – BMC Remedy Asset Management Application. Establish and enforce standard processes that manage costs, contracts and usage throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Software Configuration Management – BMC Configuration Discovery. Automate the distribution of software applications, operating systems and patches.
- Integration and Partner Solutions – Leverage built-in integration capabilities to connect with the applications and technologies you already own, and add BMC partner certified products and services.
BMC Software Key Strengths
- The BMC Application Management Route to Value provides solutions which ensure that custom and packaged applications operate predictably once they are put into production. BMC helps customers eliminate the most time-consuming and error-prone steps in isolating the root cause of application performance problems, thereby improving application quality and quickly restoring expected application performance.
- BMC’s ALM product delivers consolidated management of distributed enterprise application environments across all popular applications and platforms including SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle’s Siebel, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise, IBM WebSphere Business Integration Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, BEA WebLogic, BEA Tuxedo, Microsoft Exchange Server, IBM Lotus Domino and WebMethods.
- The company’s solution suite provides comprehensive monitoring and management of the entire application stack, including all the databases, middleware, operating systems, servers, and network components that support each application.
- BMC delivers ALM solutions that enable IT to be a key driver of business value. No matter the industry, BMC’s solution suite ensures that everything IT does is prioritized according to business impact, enabling IT to proactively address business requirements to lower costs, drive revenue and mitigate risk.