Cognos Business Performance Management
Cognos, an IBM company, is the world leader in business intelligence and corporate performance management (CPM) software for the enterprise. Cognos solutions let companies improve and direct corporate performance by enabling all of the key steps in the management cycle — from planning and budgeting, to measuring and monitoring performance, to reporting and analysis. Cognos is the only company to support all of these key management activities with a complete solution that spans all of the essential components of CPM — enterprise planning, scorecarding, and business intelligence.
Founded in 1969, Cognos employs over 3,400 people and serves more than 23,000 customers in over 135 countries. Whether they choose to apply Cognos software strategically on an enterprise scale, or leverage it as a point solution to address key operational requirements, customers use Cognos to better monitor, understand, and drive the successful performance of their business.
Cognos customers are involved in every industry sector including all industries within manufacturing such as automotive, energy, natural resources, consumer packaged goods, and high tech. Cognos solutions are sold directly and are also available from more than 3,000 worldwide partners and resellers. These solutions are supported by an experienced and award-winning field force of more than 1,800 customer-facing personnel.
Cognos is a world leader in business intelligence, performance management, data integration, enterprise risk management, olap reporting, analytics software, bank branch profitability, retail performance management, supply chain visibility, customer profitability, Oracle business intelligence, and balanced scorecarding for the enterprise.
Cognos was acquired by IBM in January 2008.
Cognos Key Strengths
- For decades, IBM has provided customers with software, hardware and services for business intelligence. Combining these capabilities with Cognos’ leading business intelligence and performance management technology and extensive partner network provides customers with added value through a complete, end-to-end solution for optimizing business performance.
- Clients will immediately benefit from the combined technologies of both companies, giving them an open standards-based information infrastructure, along with market-leading Business Performance Management expertise and industry solutions that can help customers optimize their businesses and maximize enterprise performance.
- The acquisition of Cognos extends IBM’s Information On Demand value proposition, providing the industry’s leading and most complete solutions for unlocking the business value of information for competitive advantage.
- Together, IBM and Cognos will become the leading provider of technology and services for Business Performance Management, delivering the industry’s most complete, open standards-based platform with the broadest range of expertise to help companies expand the value of their information, optimize their business processes and maximize performance across their enterprises.
- Cognos has approximately 4,000 employees worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers. IBM and Cognos have partnered for more than 15 years, with extensive technical integrations and eight pre-integrated joint solutions already supporting many joint customers, such as New York City Police Department, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Tennessee, Canadian Tire, MetLife, and Bayer UK.