Cisco Web Conferencing Solutions
Cisco was founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University. Since the company’s inception, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies. With more than 65,225 employees worldwide, this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in the company’s core development areas of routing and switching, as well as in advanced technologies.
Today, Cisco is a worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. The company’s blueprint for continued success stems from its understanding that networks serve as the essential part of business, education, government and home communications, and Cisco Internet Protocol-based (IP) networking solutions have become the foundation of these networks.
Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create Internet solutions that allow individuals, companies, and countries to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction and strengthen competitive advantage. The Cisco name has become synonymous with the Internet, as well as with the productivity improvements that Internet business solutions provide. At Cisco, the vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn.
In addition to designing and selling sells hardware, software, networking, and communications technology services, Cisco products are distributed under five brands, namely Cisco, Linksys, WebEx, IronPort, and Scientific Atlanta.
Cisco Key Strengths
- Cisco Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks, delivering a media-rich collaboration experience across business, government agency, and institutional workspaces. These applications use the network as the platform to enhance comparative advantage by accelerating decision time and reducing transaction time.
- The security, resilience, and scalability of the network enable users in any workspace to easily connect anywhere, anytime, and anyplace, using any media, device, or operating system.
- Cisco Unified Communications is part of a comprehensive solution that includes network infrastructure, security, wireless, management applications, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, and third-party applications.
- Cisco’s unique lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle
- Customized planning and design services focus on creating a solution that meets an organization’s total business needs. Award-winning technical support increases operational efficiency. Remote management services simplify day-to-day operations, and optimization services enhance solution performance as business needs change.
- Cisco’s acquisition of Webex was completed in May 2007. WebEx’s service portfolio includes technologies and services that allow companies to engage in real-time and asynchronous data conferences over the Internet as well as share web-based documents and workspaces that help improve productivity, performance and efficiency of workers in any size organization.
Want more on Web Conferencing Software? Browse additional blog posts, product reviews and the top 10 report using Business-Software.com’s web conferencing resource page.