About BMC Remedy Help Desk Software
BMC Software, Inc (NYSE: BMC), is a leading provider of enterprise management solutions that empower companies to manage IT from a business perspective. Delivering Business Service Management, BMC Software solutions span enterprise systems, applications, databases and service management.
BMC Corporate Background
Founded in 1980, BMC Software has offices worldwide and posted fiscal 2006 revenues of more than $1.49 billion.
With the acquisition of Magic Solutions in 2004 and Remedy assets from Peregrine Systems in 2002, BMC Software has assembled a suite of tools allowing it to market help desk/customer service solutions to virtually any sized organization. At the larger end, BMC has integrated the Remedy product line into its Atrium suite, with the underlying configuration management database (CMDB) shared among all components of the Atrium line that have been developed in Remedy’s Action Request (AR) language. The BMC Magic Service Desk Suite product line is targeted for organizations with 2500 or fewer employees.
Customer Service Benefits
With BMC Remedy Customer Support, you can increase customer satisfaction, continually improve service quality, and enjoy considerable agility in meeting your customers’ evolving service requirements—all while reducing service costs.
BMC Help Desk Software
As a leader in Service Management, BMC has developed a thorough understanding of the complexities of service and problem management processes. The company brings this expertise out of the help desk and into the customer service center with their BMC Remedy Customer Support product. BMC Remedy Customer Support provides:
- Flexible process modeling for guiding service and support agents through established call management workflow processes by category, resulting in effective issue resolution, efficient collaboration, and comprehensive work order tracking for both ad hoc and predefined tasks.
- A panoramic, role-based customer view that includes customer interaction histories and enables service and support agents to deliver personalized and efficient service every time.
- Coordination of customer interaction across multiple channels, including telephone, fax, e-mail, and the Web, ensuring continuity regardless of the channels used.
- A solutions database with efficient search tools that helps agents resolve problems faster, often on the first call.
- Ability to create, manage, and enforce service entitlement (service contracts) with flexible overrides, helping increase service and support profitability without jeopardizing customer relationships.
- A variety of assignment, escalation, and notification options that get issues to the right people at the right time to ensure fast and effective support delivery.
- Self-service functionality that permits customers to search a knowledgebase and submit, update, and check issues over the Web, improving customer satisfaction while reducing the load on the call center.
BMC Remedy Customer Support is built on the adaptable BMC® Remedy® Action Request System®. As a result, you can quickly configure BMC Remedy Customer Support to meet the unique needs of your organization and industry—without complex programming or complicated upgrades.