IronPort Email Security
Founded in 2002 by a team of leading-edge Internet pioneers, IronPort Systems has established its reputation by helping its customers build and maintain an ironclad system for communicating through a variety of mediums. The company makes network appliances and software applications for the messaging infrastructure.
The company’s IronPort’s Intelligent Messaging Gateway appliances monitor and manage messaging and email flow and enforce corporate email policies. IronPort also provides an email certification system that helps companies avoid spam.
IronPort products and technology solutions are used predominately by government agencies at the state and federal level, educational institutions, ISPs, value-added resellers, healthcare organizations, and companies in the financial services area. Customers have included CNN, Microsoft, Nasdaq, and Paypal.
IronPort’s achievements in the Internet security arena have steadily attracted worldwide attention—so much so that in early 2007 the company agreed to be acquired by Cisco for $830 million. IronPort’s key strengths include:
- IronPort Systems was founded in 2000 by pioneers in Internet messaging. With technical staff from companies such as Hotmail, eGroups, ListBot, and Yahoo!, IronPort’s mission is to revolutionize Internet messaging.
- The IronPort email security appliances are recognized as the most sophisticated systems available today. Currently in production at eight of the ten largest ISPs and more than 20 percent of the world’s largest enterprises, these systems have a proven record of unmatched security and reliability.
- By reducing the downtime associated with spam, viruses and a wide variety of other threats, IronPort’s email security appliances facilitate the administration of corporate mail systems and reduce the burden on technical staff. IronPort’s email security appliances support and protect your email systems—not only from today’s threats, but from those certain to evolve in the future.
- The company has developed the strongest network of partnerships in the industry. This combination of proprietary technology and best-of-breed partnerships gives IronPort the capability to deliver on its vision of Total Messaging Security as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- IronPort has been successful because of its laser focus on unique technologies such as SenderBase and AsyncOS. SenderBase is the world’s first and largest email traffic monitoring service. SenderBase collects data from more than 100,000 ISPs, universities, and corporations around the world.
- SenderBase measures more than 110 different parameters for any email server on the Internet. This massive database receives more than 5 billion queries per day, with real-time data streaming in from every continent and network providers large and small.
Aligned with a powerhouse like Cisco, IronPort Systems continues to build on its world-class presence as the leading email and Web security products provider for organizations ranging from small businesses to the Global 2000.