This Listing is Out of Date
This product listing is out of date; you can find an updated product listing at SAP ERP
– SAP PLM Review
Contact vendor directly for pricing information.
SAP PLM, part of SAP Business Suite, is built on a service oriented architecture and SAP NetWeaver technology.
SAP PLM can be be used by companies in a wide range of industries by providing a complete view into the products lifecycle.
Port of Hamburg, The Hershey Company, Panasonic AVC
View Vendor's Product Page
About SAP PLM
SAP PLM is part of the SAP Business Suite and provides companies with the tools needed to perform their essential business processes. SAP Product Lifecycle Management software includes innovation management, integrated product development and product compliance features.
SAP PLM can help companies create products that not only meet their quality standards but also any compliance regulations that industry faces. SAP PLM software gives companies complete visibility into all product-related processes.
About the Company
SAP is one of the world’s largest business software companies and the third-largest software supplier overall. Founded in 1972 as Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing, SAP has a rich history of innovation and growth that has made them a leader in providing collaborative business solutions for all types of industries – in every major market. The company, headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, employs more than 51,800 people in more than 50 countries, and serves more than 76,000 customers in more than 120 countries.
SAP has leveraged their extensive experience to deliver a comprehensive range of solutions such as in to empower every aspect of business operations. SAP has created software solutions like SAP accounting software that can be used by companies of all sizes to use to reduce costs, improve performance and become more agile to respond to changing business needs.
SAP PLM Key Features
Strategy and Planning
- Provides tools needed to act on new markets and new customer opportunities.
- Includes business intelligence and analytic tools to help companies collaborate and proactively identify strategic opportunities.
Manage Innovative Ideas
- Helps companies align talent, partners and capabilities to support innovation.
- The SAP Business Suite supports smart idea management and integrated concept development to help companies capitalize on the best ideas and translate them into successful, innovative products.
Program and Project Management
- Define and coordinate company resources and projects cross-functionally to make sure product launches are done at the optimum time.
- Aligns company portfolios with corporate objectives including portfolios of projects, programs and service within research and development, professional services and IT.
Integrated Product Development
- Helps companies gain better visibility and control over product data and documents, engineering changes and cost.
- Supports product structure management and variant configuration, material master management and document management, product costing, quality engineering, manufacturing collaboration and complaint and return analysis.
Share Product Data for Component and Task Sourcing
- Provides a company with early visibility of required materials and components improves cost savings.
- Supports supplier identification and on-boarding, collaborative bidding and purchase order management and management of spare parts.
Synchronize Design and Manufacturing
- Helps companies avoid quality and scale issues by helping to ensure seamless processes, a common material master, and aligned development and manufacturing bills of material.
- Supports prototyping and manufacturing ramp-ups, quality control processes, handover to manufacturing and service and manufacturing process planning.
- Protects revenue and branding while ensuring compliance by making environment, health and safety a key part of development process.
- Helps companies recognize and evaluate regulatory risks, embed compliance controls in the supply chain, quality management and manufacturing processes and implement compliance checks in sales, distribution and servicing.
- Provides companies with complete visibility into all product related processes
- Includes compliance management processes to make sure products produce meet all compliance regulations for that industry
- Portfolio Management feature helps companies make sure that product development is aligned with overall company goals
SAP Product Lifecycle Management can help companies create quality products that meet all regulatory compliance. This allows companies to focus more on creating innovative products than worrying about compliance issues. SAP PLM is part of SAP’s Business Suite and is built on SOA and SAP NetWeaver technology.
SAP PLM Videos
Products Similar to - SAP PLM