BMC Track-It! Review
Contact vendor directly for pricing information.
Product is available as both an on-premise and as a Saas solution.
Platform is designed to work with small to midsize companies and across multiple industries.
Black Box, City of San Mateo, Memorial Care Health Services, PeoplesBank, Prudential Assurance
Track-It! is IT help desk software that provides users with help desk automation tools and knowledge base management. The platform is equipped with a keyword searchable known issue repository, efficiency tracking tools and allows users to leave IT team feedback for technician work reviews and resource justification and management purposes.
The software enables end-users to log service tickets and check existing ticket status through a built-in self-service portal, assists companies with software license management and mobile IT assistance through mobile help desk functionality. Additionally, the platform monitors key metrics, allows users to send reports via email through an automate scheduling tool and maintains a library of hardware, software and non-technology assets available for loan to end-users.
About the Company
BMC Software was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Track-It! Key Features
- Scan and audit network assets at regular intervals
- Create and maintain an up-to-date list of software and hardware assets throughout the organization
- Receive notifications about unauthorized software installations
- Stay informed of changes to hardware configurations
- Get a complete view of change requests and work orders
- Create a knowledgebase to improve resolution times
- Automate manual processes, including SLA warnings, email notifications, and more
- Leverage wizard-driven application installation and administration
- Automate change and approval procedures to minimize risk
- Use configurable business rules to automate, track, manage, and report on change processes
- Reduce the risk of unplanned downtime
- Track and report on software licenses owned within an organization
- Track installations and licenses by user
- Avoid over-utilizing application licenses
- Track the training classes staff has taken
- Record course types, dates, and results
- Determine the effectiveness of training courses
- Store software, hardware, and other items loaned to users
- Track when an item is borrowed and who checked it out
- Leverage built-in, industry-leading reports, such as Crystal Reports
- Enable users to submit work orders to the help desk
- Access solutions to common problems
- View work order statuses
- Leverage AD authentication
- Enable technicians to access help desk and inventory modules via any platform or browser
- Easily enter data with a user-enhanced interface
- Access critical help desk functions with mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and Android-supported devices
- Synchronize updates between the mobile Track-It! application and the web application
- View submitted and completed work orders
- Access data about the help desk and inventory
- See which work orders have been assigned to which technician
Products Similar to BMC Track-It!