Harris Interactive has recently published its 2nd Annual Customer Experience Impact Report.
The study, which was sponsored by RightNow Technologies, polled over 2,000 adult consumers from various regions across the United States. The report is designed to gauge how clients interact with companies, and how their experiences impact future behaviors. Some of the key findings include:
• 80% of consumers will never return to a company after a negative experience, up from 68% last year.
• 51% cite outstanding service as the primary reason they continue to do business with certain organizations.
• 74% will register a formal complaint, or spread the word to others, after a bad experience.
• Most consumers (60%) indicated that speaking to a live agent was their preferred method of communication.
• 68% cited an inability to reach a live human being as a major source of frustration.
View the entire report. (Available at RightNow.com and registration required)