Invoicing Best Practices: Get Paid Fast with Foolproof Invoices
We get a lot of questions in our community about electronic invoicing software and practices. We’ve scoured the web for the best recommendations from around the web and consolidated them into this guide to help you learn how to properly invoice your customers, or if give you some tips if you’re just looking to spruce up your style.
- Focus on Clarity– Be detailed but concise in your itemization
- Keep Financial Expectations Clear – Make payment method, due date and penalties clear and easily visible
- Be prompt– deliver invoice or bill within 24 hours of chargeable event
- Stay Organized- Standardize forms and tracking method (number, code, etc)
- Keep a Marketing Mindset– Make sure your documents are professional and include your logo and contact info
- Go Paperless – Consider switching to an e-invoicing solution to save time, money, paper
Resources for Building Better Invoicing Practices
Invoicing Tips & Best Practices
Online Billing and Invoicing
Dealing with Late Payments
Looking for more? Discover more about invoicing and financial management technology in our exclusive Top 10 E-Invoicing Software report.