Help Desk Software Key Features
Boost Productivity and Improve Your Customer Service
The ability to rapidly answer inquiries, address issues, and solve problems is crucial to achieving and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention. Many businesses are turning to help desk software to dramatically enhance their post-sales support operations.
Help desk software, also known as help desk automation, can significantly improve the productivity and responsiveness of service and support teams by centralizing and streamlining the tasks associated with issue management. Staff members can effectively track and monitor the status of customer problems and related activities every step of the way, from the moment they are reported until they are resolved, to ensure smooth and efficient handling.
With help desk software, support teams can also leverage a comprehensive, yet intuitive knowledge base that provides them with easy access to the thorough and detailed information they need to quickly satisfy customer requirements. This knowledge base not only increases efficiency, it enhances collaboration across product development, quality assurance, field consulting and support, and other departments by allowing them to share timely and accurate information as it becomes available.
Let Your Customers Help Themselves
But, one of the most beneficial features of a help desk software solution is its self-service capabilities. With help desk software, customers have convenient, 24 x 7 access to Web-based help, frequently asked questions (FAQs), troubleshooting tips, and product documentation, so they can solve routine problems on their own. If they have more complex issues that require further assistance, they can then report a problem or open a job ticket online.
Make Better Decisions
Many help desk software packages also include powerful business intelligence capabilities. Supervisors can use reports and analytics to instantly identify and understand the positive and negative trends that impact both help desk operations, and the business as a whole. For example:
- Do certain products have above average defect or breakdown rates?
- Are customers having difficulty understanding assembly instructions, operating manuals, or user guides?
- What new features or functions have clients been asking for?
Customized for Your Business
Customer needs, common issues, and support processes and related workflows vary greatly from industry to industry and from company to company. Businesses must have a flexible solution that can be tailored to effectively meet their unique and specific requirements. But, as important as this capability is, not all help desk software solutions on the market today are fully customizable.
A Few More Common Help Desk Features
Other common held desk software features include:
- Support for multiple communication channels, including phone, Web, email, live chat, and co-browsing.
- Dynamic resource allocation that automatically assigns staff members to specific customer issues, based on their current workload, as well as their skills, education, and experience.
- Dynamic real-time alerts that instantly notify managers of any potential breakdowns in critical support processes. For example, a supervisor can receive an immediate alert when an unusual or highly-complex problem is reported, or when a customer issue goes unresolved for an extended period of time.