Sales Force Automation Software
Sales Force Automation (SFA) software improves and streamlines sales processes by replacing manual tasks with tightly aligned and simplified procedures designed to improve sales productivity.
Benefits reaped with Sales Force Automation include increased closed deals, more revenues, accelerated sales cycles, and higher market share.
The sales cycle is comprised of many inter-related activities in a multi-faceted and complex process. This process includes steps such as prospecting, sales forecasting, and contact management, as well as order processing and performance tracking and analysis. To ensure efficient end-to-end sales operations, all these activities must seamlessly work together.
Each of these components is an essential part of the sales process, but they are also labor-intensive and time-consuming, distracting sales teams from their primary goals of dealing with potential customers, closing business deals, and expanding the customer base.
Sales Force Automation can address this challenge by replacing these manual, redundant, and disjointed tasks with automation that streamlines key sales-related activities within the entire sales process. SFA provides sophisticated technology that improves information-sharing and collaboration.
Sales Force Automation is often considered a vital and necessary part of a customer relationship management (CRM) initiative. SFA can become a critical part of a CRM strategy when integrated and aligned with customer service and marketing automation solutions, delivering capabilities to enhance customer interaction and satisfaction at every touch point and increasing client retention and loyalty rates.
Key Benefits of SFA
Sales Force Automation solutions benefit businesses by helping them dramatically increase productivity. For example, representatives out in the field can spend less time keeping track of sales opportunities and contact data. Territory managers can quickly view staff activity and access accurate insight. Sales analysts can track results and create precise forecasts with instant access to critical data. SFA can also enable companies to reduce customer acquisition costs, which helps drive up profit margins.
Sales Force Automation solutions are built with comprehensive functionality to address the needs of the different people involved in the sales process, such as sales representatives, managers, analysts, and administrators. Standard features of out-of-the-box SFA solutions include:
- Order and purchase history tracking and reporting to help reps implement effective strategies for up-selling and cross-selling.
- Sales performance analysis and reporting to enable analysts and managers to identify areas to improve and to measure actual sales against quotas and forecasts.
- Contact management to improve the way sales representatives manage prospects, activities, and appointments and to enable them to effectively track opportunities.
- Sales forecasting to create accurate projections of future sales using data from past trends and history.
- Mobile capabilities to allow reps on the road to access inventory, product, and account data from anywhere, at any time.
Companies often have limited technical resources. As a result, many sales force automation systems available on the market are built to minimize IT burden. For example, many solutions are web-based and are easy to implement and maintain, requiring minimal infrastructure. Hosted SFA software is another option available that also minimizes the IT and financial commitment required to install and use such a solution.
Flexibility is a key criterion to consider when selecting the right SFA solution for your company. While many “off-the-shelf” Sales Force Automation solutions are readily available, these “one size fits all” packages often do not answer the needs of the organizations that install them. This is due to a variety of reasons:
- Different vertical industries use distinct sales processes. For example, closing a software deal involves carrying out different activities from selling an insurance policy.
- Sales opportunities may require specific procedures. An inside sales or telesales representative engages in up-selling or cross-selling activities with an existing customer, while a direct sales representative must win new accounts. Both operations are different from the other and require distinct steps to be undertaken.
- Sales representatives use varying techniques and strategies to win and engage customers. Each uses a unique approach to dealing with prospects and closing the sales cycle.
Because of the many unique approaches to sales, the Sales Force Automation product you choose should be designed with powerful customization functionality, allowing you to tailor the solution to fit the specific needs and requirements of your organization.
Customization on the individual user level is another desired feature. This capability will enable any member of your sales team to adjust the solution to their specifications, making the software fit their way of working. Individual customization also enhances user adoption rates, ensuring that your software investment will be used to its fullest extent.
By implementing the best solution and technologies that fit your business, Sales Force Automation can help your organization optimize and improve sales productivity, leading to a better bottom line.
Sales Force Automation: Key Features That Must Be Considered
Sales force automation solutions help make sales processes more agile, more efficient, and more effective. With sales force automation, a company can enhance collaboration and ...
5 Easy Steps to Choosing Sales Software
Sales software, when used properly, can be a powerful tool that can help you streamline your sales processes and remove many manual and repetitive tasks. ...
Key Features of Lead Management Software
Lead management software offers a wide range of features to enhance the handling of sales and marketing opportunities from end to end. This article highlights ...
4 Tips for Buying the Right SFA Software
Buying a sales force automation (SFA) software solution can be a challenging process. There are hundreds of vendors to evaluate, and thousands of features and ...
Using Microsoft Outlook for CRM
Microsoft CRM solutions offer small and mid-sized businesses an affordable way to leverage powerful, comprehensive customer relationship management software. The Microsoft CRM portfolio includes several ...
- CollabSpot Insights: 37Signals Highrise for Gmail - Getting Started
- Complete Sales Force Automation on iPad - Enterprise Mobility - ProSel from Ai2
- Advanced Searching & Reporting Overview
- Getting More from Your CRM
- Mothernode CRM Quote Overview
- Leads and Opportunities
- Mark Canes talks about Blue Link
- Eloqua 10 Watch the Inside Story
- Why Use Eloqua Marketing Automation - The Benefits
- LeadMaster - Lead Management & Salesforce CRM Solution
- Marketo Customer Testimonial
- Successful Funnel, Successful Sales Reps
- Marketing Automation In Action: A View From Mission Control
- Nimble - Deals Tab
- Nimble - Custom Fields
- Overview of Nimble
- Sales Force Automation with Zoho CRM
- A Day in the Life of a Sales Manager
- Pipedrive Welcome Video
- What is Zoho?
- Magento + Brightpearl Integration : Install + Setup
- FlowCentric in 49 Seconds
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009: Sales Order Entry
- NAV 7 at Directions EMEA Paul White
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Talking Rain Beverage Company
- Pivotal Sales Force Automation Solution
- TrackerRMS CRM Software
- TrackerRMS CRM Outlook Integration
- Workflow Example: Order Entry - Sales - Shipping - Finance
- Cloud-based ERP, CRM, and Business Management Software
- Customer Relationship Management in the Cloud
- Sage SalesLogix Insider: Welcome Page
- Sage SalesLogix Insider: Customer Queries
- Sage SalesLogix Insider: Mobile
- Sage SalesLogix & Harry Rosen Inc.
- Sage CRM Interactive Dashboard
- Why Choose Sage CRM?
- Sage CRM Overview
- Going Social with CRM
- What's New in Sage ACT! 2012
- Introducing ACT! by Sage
- Sage ACT! Connect: Setting up Your Device
- Sage ACT! Customer Spotlight: Recorded Books LLC
- Sage ACT! Customer Spotlight: Z-Axis
- Roundtable Discussion: The Future of CRM
- ClaritySoft Challenge
- Infusionsoft Sales-Based CRM Demo
- Infusionsoft Overview
- How Infusionsoft Helps Small Business Owners
- Infusionsoft Demo
- Workbooks CRM & EST Marketing
- Workbooks CRM & Northdoor
- Workbooks for Salespeople
- Overview of Workbooks
- Workbooks CRM - Getting Started Training Video
- CareerBuilder.com and Pivotal CRM
- Pivotal CRM Sales Demo
- Pivotal CRM: Built for Your Business
- Sales & Marketing 2.0 with Pivotal CRM
- SugarCRM Tutorial: Outlook Plugin
- What Benefits Have You Realized Using Sugar?
- Why Did You Choose SugarCRM?
- Sugar Mobile Plus on Blackberry and iPad
- SugarCRM for LotusLive: CRM Made Social
- SugarCRM - Marketing Automation Demo
- IFS Agile Development Methodology
- IFS Applications in the Cloud
- IFS Creativity and Innovation
- NetSuite OneWorld Cloud ERP at Eloqua
- NetSuite OneWorld Cloud ERP at BLUW
- NetSuite OneWorld Cloud ERP at Beyond the Rack
- NetSuite OneWorld Cloud ERP
- Salesforce.com Sales Cloud with Chatter Demo
- Salesforce.com Sales Cloud Mobile Demo
- Salesforce.com Sales Cloud Demo
- Qualys Streamlines CRM and ERP with Cloud NetSuite
- RedBuilt and NetSuite Cloud ERP
- NetSuite CRM Integration with Contactual
- Introduction to Opportunities - Netsuite CRM
White Paper provided by Acumatica
The Sales Order Management (SO) module allows you to centrally manage sales activities such as entering quotes, fulfilling sales orders, creating shipments, tracking prices, applying discounts, and viewing available inventory.
White Paper provided by Salesforce.com
To determine which type of sales rep is mostly likely to succeed in the current economy, Corporate Executive Board asked over 450 first line sales managers to assess three of their direct reports (two core performers and one high performer) across 44 different attributes covering areas such as attitudes, skills, behaviors, activities, and knowledge.
Provided by Business-Software.com
As CRM programs have increased in popularity and effectiveness, some best practices have emerged that can make an impact on your sales numbers.
Demo provided by NetSuite
NetSuite CRM+ includes all the foundations of CRM - Salesforce Automation, Marketing Automation, and Customer Support Service - while also providing your reps with a real-time view of all customer transaction, service issues, inventory, order status, and commissions. This demo allows you to view how NetSuite CRM+ can support a variety of roles in your organization.
White Paper provided by Epicor
Now more than ever, organizations of all sizes and descriptions are struggling to comply with regulations and manage the risks and penalties of failing to operate within the rules. Establishing, maintaining and proving compliance requires both money and time that executives and shareholders would rather invest in top-line growth.