Application Development Software
With Application Development software in place, organizations that develop software as a core business function can significantly improve the way they design, build, implement, and adapt new applications. As a result, they can better address customer needs, support new internal business initiatives, or successfully achieve other mission-critical goals and objectives.
Application development is a highly complex and multi-faceted business discipline that requires the effective execution and management of numerous related and inter-dependent activities across multiple human and technical resources. Requirements must be defined, the solution itself must be modeled and designed, code must be written, testing and changes must be managed, and documentation must be created – all before the application is delivered and deployed.
Yet, most companies choose to rely on emails, spreadsheets, Access databases, and other disparate systems that make it difficult to coordinate and track all of the activities that take place during the application life cycle. Additionally, the different teams of engineers, developers, and quality assurance professionals all use different sets of tools to manage their individual segments of the application development process, and it’s this lack of communication and use of separate software solutions that can increase time-to-market and decrease software quality.
What Is Application Lifecycle Management?
Application lifecycle management software is a sophisticated solution that allows companies to carefully manage, control, and monitor all aspects of application development. From design and development through testing, deployment, and ongoing enhancements and maintenance, ALM software enables programmers and developers to effectively manage the development, implementation, usage, and improvement of applications.
By leveraging ALM software, organizations that develop software as a core business function can significantly improve the way they design, build, implement, and adapt new software applications. As a result, application development teams can tailor their applications to better meet specific customer needs, support new internal business initiatives, and adapt their processes to achieve goals and objectives.
In today’s competitive web-based business environment, a number of ALM software solutions have hit the market. Most ALM applications are robust, feature-rich solutions that deliver a broad range of functionality, and help users track and manage every facet of application development, and they accomplish this by delivering such capabilities as:
- Requirements management to enable the definition, control, and communication of internal goals, customer needs, and regulations.
- Software design to ensure accurate creation of and adherence to technical specifications.
- Project management to simplify resource scheduling and allocation, task assignment, deadlines, schedules, task interdependencies, and more.
- Testing to allow for immediate detection and correction of bugs and other problems before the software is deployed
- Change management to help keep projects on track, even when change requests to requirements, designs, and finished software are made.
- Monitoring and reporting to enable project leaders and others in supervisory roles to continuously track project and task status in real-time.
Not every ALM software solution is built the same, and the solution you choose must fit your business needs. The ALM software that you choose must be able to streamline and enhance every application development activity from end-to-end, and must include:
- Modeling to allow developers to dynamically design the program’s central architecture.
- Configuration management to enable the efficient maintenance of evolving features, changing components, and varying configurations.
- Build management to schedule and automate repetitive development tasks.
- Release management to provide end-to-end tracking of enhancements over time.
- Deployment management to facilitate fast and cost-efficient implementation and roll-out.
Key Features of ALM Software
An ALM software solution is a powerful technology tool that helps companies dramatically improve all facets of software design, development, deployment, and ongoing administration. Whether your ...
All about Application Lifecycle Management Software
Yet, most companies are forced to rely on emails, spreadsheets, Access databases, and a variety of other disparate systems to coordinate and track the various ...
What is Application Lifecycle Management Software?
An application lifecycle management software system is a suite of robust, feature-rich technology tools that can serve as a valuable asset to any organization with ...
Benefits of Application Lifecycle Management Software
An application lifecycle management software package offers many dramatic benefits to all development-intensive businesses, such as those that design, build, and sell software to customers ...
Quality Assurance Standards: ISO 9000
The ISO 9000 group of standards promote quality standards across a wide variety of disciplines. Although it was originally designed for use in manufacturing, it ...
- OutSystems - Agile Platform
- Build a web app in 4 mins with the Agile Platform 6.0
- Using Asana for Applicant Tracking
- FlowCentric in 49 Seconds
- Adobe LiveCycle Introduction Part 2
- Adobe LiveCycle Introduction Part 1
- ColdFusion Basics
- Learn Scrum in 7 Minutes
- DevTest and DevTrack Overview
- Quality Management for Agile Projects
- Force.com Overview
- How to Build Your First Force.com App
- Salesforce.com: What Is Force.com?
White Paper provided by TechExcel
While application development conjures up many thoughts, the fundamental core lies in the knowledge gained and used throughout the development process. In today's competitive software development environment, the silo-based models will no longer support the ever-changing demands of large distributed organizations.
White Paper provided by TechExcel
TechExcel DevSuite is built with the best-practice that specifications - from ideas, to formal specifications, to competitive information to issue resolution and customer insight - is central to any product development initiative. By eliminating the silos of data that exist between different teams and in different locales, specification-driven development helps enterprises dramatically transform their development processes, increasing both the efficiency and overall quality of their end products.
White Paper provided by TechExcel
With budget cut, resources maxed out, and deadlines quickly approaching, isn't it time to get more value from your issue tracking software? TechExcel DevTrack has a proven track record of enabling teams to do more with less!
Provided by Business-Software.com
Next generation project mangers needs to have a sound understanding of project management best practices but also need to be successful team builders and experts in creating productive collaboration.